We invite you, your colleagues and your friends to increase the good work being done in education, group facilitation and leadership by attending our next creative facilitation and teacher training course in Mallorca. It’s a professional development training to gain more skills, confidence and processes that inspire, inform and create success in all our groups and learning environments. We love this work and we love to share it and make a difference by stimulating the foundations of education and training globally. Come join us.
“Magic Happens in Dynamic Groups and Learning Happens Easily.” Held by Robin Clayfield (and ELFy the Magician)
Presented by international facilitator and workshop leader, Robin Clayfield
The jigsaw puzzle of groups learning and working together becomes an adventure in Creative Facilitation, Interactive Learning Methods, Personal Empowerment, Confidence Building, Workshop Planning and Skills Development as Robin inspires participants with her cutting edge learning methodology and supports all participants to have the skills, tools and confidence to create dynamic groups and support effective, fun and successful learning environments.
This unique and highly acclaimed 6 day Training, developed and fine-tuned for over 24 years by Robin and Friends, is offered for Facilitators, Teachers, Trainers, Groups Leaders, Workshop Presenters, Change Agents, Community Development Workers and People in Creative, Healing and Sustainability Industries and often includes people involved in Permaculture, Community Gardens, City Farms, Transition Towns Initiatives, Environmental Education, Sustainability and Social Change as well as a sprinkling of conventional teachers, corporate people, healers, business planners, gender workers and key note presenters. people new to training and facilitation also find they are not overwhelmed or out of place.
* The course equips people with the understanding and skills of what is ‘best practice’, leading edge’ learning and facilitation methods through immersion and practical hands on experiences.
* It models and creatively empowers participants to create their own Dynamic Groups through putting together all the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle of what is important and often essential for effective learning and group work to be successful.
This aspect probably makes it the most holistic learning methodology around. The ‘Dynamic Groups, Dynamic Learning’ Methodology is used as the basis for the course and by the end everyone has had the experience that ‘Magic happens in dynamic groups and learning happens easily’. Not only do they have this experience but they often get to feel what it’s like to facilitate this for others in the group.
* It’s about achieving more confidence, fluency and often mastery in the art and skill of facilitating learning as opposed to presenting or teaching information using methods taught in Uni or Teacher Training colleges.
* It’s not designed to assist people to teach a specific subject or topic though it does do that naturally. It’s aimed at supporting people to facilitate, teach, train or present any topic or subject or lead a meeting or group in a way that engages people, is motivating, fun and memorable and where everyone in the group has input and consequently is empowered by the experience. The success of these ‘Dynamic Groups’ is measured by smiling faces and virtually 100% positive feedback.
* Creative planning methods and resource development bring much colour and aliveness to the course.
* A huge ‘toolbox’ is built and expands throughout the course, full of creative processes, ‘glue processes’, all kinds of appropriate and useful processes.
* The things that really set it apart from other learning methodologies and courses is the interactive learning environment, the creative processes and the underlying commitment to the empowerment of every people and the group as a whole.
About the facilitator
Robin Clayfield is an International Facilitator, Educator, Social Change Agent, Permaculture Pioneer and Author from Queensland Australia. She brings over 3 decades of Facilitation, her cutting edge ‘Dynamic Groups, Dynamic Learning’ Methodology plus abundant skills, processes, passion and a deep love of group work and caring for people.
Prerequisites for attendance
None. Being open to learning in a new way, sharing and contributing with a small dose of risk taking.
We recognize that everyone has their own unique skills, knowledge and areas of interest to bring to the course. We use group work, creative and interactive processes, discussions, observation, games and practical activities as learning methods.
This course is not just about imparting information, it is also about feeling empowered to integrate the learnings into your own life. We use practical and theoretical teaching methods to create a fun, lively and inclusive course. This course will be translated to Spanish as we go along (not simultaneously).
From Sunday 28th of May to Saturday 3rd of June 2017
At Finca Son Barrina in Inca, the middle of the island of Mallorca, PermaMed is developing an innovative project called The Permaculture Circles, a forest garden designed by Julio Cantos Gazquez, one of the most experienced, respected and well-known permaculturalists in Spain. The form of the circles comes from the permaculture design practice of zoning, in which different human activities are represented symbolically in concentric circles, the sphere or circle being a natural pattern, capturing and demonstrating energy fields and movements. Son Barrina aims to provide a base for experimentation of sustainable human activities. The demonstration project is based on the development of a large multilayered agroforestry system known as a food forest where educational courses, workshops, and the like are held. Volunteers are welcome on Wednesdays to come help build the forest & the local community and to action learn strategies and locally effective techniques at the same time.
Note on camping: Finca Son Barrina lies in a rural area so campers will be surrounded by farm noises. The sounds are more subtle inside the dorms (4 beds available).
Course Convener: Permacultura Mediterránea (PermaMed)
PermaMed is a Mallorca-based association that collaborates with a growing community to meet our needs by working with nature, learning and demonstrating how to build a truly sustainable society.
Our activities aim to inform, educate, encourage and support people in redefining their basic everyday needs and getting actively involved in the production process in order to cover these needs, based on their own knowledge and their own resources, becoming less dependent on the goods and services of the global market.
We work in network with other organisations and individuals around issues that apply to permaculture: agriculture, architecture, economics, health, renewable energy, ecology, and education.
Cost and Inscriptions
All meals, morning teas, all day cuppas, hand out notes and facilitation included.
Accommodation is extra as there are different options. Add 5 € per person per night to camp and 10 € per person per night for a dorm bed (bring your sheets or sleeping bag). Bring a friend and we discount you 100 €, payment is also possible in Talent (the local social currency) or through other creative means. Costs must however be covered so there is limited movement on what we can offer you. Tell us though if you bring a specific skill to the course.
Contact RuMi via email email@example.com or Aline via message on the mobile phone number 0034 666 333 335 (will get back to you asap, often no coverage where working/studying).